2007年1月29日 星期一

Test Time

Been working in the current company for nearly 3 months. The best benefit so far was having a business trip to Vegas. It cured my allergic nose and switched on my brain to think in English again. Oh, maybe you can count that I could play PS3 and Wii earlier than most people in Taiwan a benefit, too. Besides these, been learnt so many jargons that I was not familiar with before. So, here's some for your reference.

RoHs (Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive), usually requested by our European area clients. It's one kind of certification that proves our electrical product doesn't use any six hazardous materials. You can pronounce it "R-O-H-S", "ross", "rosh", "rose" or "row-haws".

FCC (Federal Communications Commission), while RoHs was adopted by European Union, FCC is an organization which is charged with regulating all non-Federal Government use of the radio spectrum, and all interstate telecommunications as well as all international communications that originate or terminate in the United States.

UWB (Ultra-wideband), cause we are dealing something related to wireless now, so digital, analog, bluetooth, 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz appear here and there in our daily conversations.

CMYK (short for Cyan, magenta, yellow, and key), we use this term when we design and print the artwork of the gift-box/clam shell package. Sorry I just uttered more lingo.

Are you still there? I myself even have a headache now. Hope you are not too confused.

Worst of the day: I just got scolded by my boss cause (he found out I wrote this article while working? no way) I didn't put his mom who's on the phone to him. Holy crap, I did but he was on the other line, of course I couldn't put her through. Never mind, he even criticized me when we ate buffet together in Vegas cause they piled up their dishes with expensive seafood while I preferred to have my dish "organized". Hmm, forget I said the business trip is a benefit in the very beginning.

沒有留言: