2007年2月12日 星期一

Lunar New Year's "Resolution"

Lunar New Year is coming in a week, yeah!!! Since I have 9 days off, what should I do? Gathering with family, eating delicious food, what else? My "mission" is to watch the good films that I don't have time to enjoy when I work. So, here's the list, 9 films for 9 days:



1. Volver: Pedro Almodovar's latest melodrama. La Mala educación (Bad Education), Hable con ella (Talk to Her), need I to say more?


2. The Holiday: Cameron Diaz is so charming in this Nancy Meyers' holiday-fitted-title date movie.

3. Sorstalanság (Fateless): This critically-acclaimed Hungarian film is in the top list of many reviews in 2006.



4. In her shoes: I have to admit Cameron Diaz replaces Scarlett Johansson to be my new favorite. E told me this one is so chizzy when we were still in Boston and I know it's definitely a chick flick.

5. Grey's anatomy: The tangling relationships between surgical interns is a better choice than Jack rescuing America once again from terriorists and Michael being sent to the prison and then escaping from it with his brother in this holiday season.



6. The Prestige: Though Dir. Chirstopher Nolan's previous three films: Batman Begins, Insomnia and Memento all made me disappointed, this twisted-plot hit in Taiwan forces me to give him another chance.



7. The Queen: Gotta watch this before Oscar and decide if Helen Mirren deserves an award.

8. Memories of Matsuko (Kiraware Matsuko no isshô): The chronicle of a Japanese girl, Matsuko, played by Miki Nakatani, tells her tragedy life in a comical way.

9. Eternal Summer (Sheng xia guang nian): My last candidate leaves to a Taiwanese film.

沒有留言: