2007年1月15日 星期一

Not a happy ending


After a year, I went back to United States. Though it's a business trip and the destination was not Boston, I was still in a very good mood.
Everything was so perfect except a small episode happening during my last day when I tried to pass the custom in San Francisco. The only reward I got from my work was going shopping every night after waking up at six o'clock every morning and standing in the Sands conference center promoting my company's latest 3-C products without eating any lunch. Since I'm a Kiehl's lover, how could I be in America ending getting nothing? Therefore, I bought 2 shaving creams that the package is not sold in Taiwan for my dad and couple of lip balms for myself and some friends. Besides these, a body lotion from Bath and body works and more lip balms from Carmex (Now you can tell how fragile my lip is that I need to buy lots of lip balms.) lay in my carrying bag waiting for me to transport them back to Taiwan. Unfortunately, due to the terror attack/ bombing incidents, not only drinks are prohibited to bring to the aircrafts now, but also any kind of cosmetics (when is shaving cream counted as cosmetics?) are not allowed to carry if they are over 3 oz and not in "one" zipsack bag (Yep, one means one, not two or more.)
It's a lady who took my luggage to the examination desk for the first time. We stood of the two sides of the desk and the only I could do was seeing her wearing a pair of gloves and doing her best trying to mess my new clothing up. The only response I got was I really wanted to shout her something like "Hey, bitch, take off your dirty hands out of my brand new clothes." Moreover, the only solution she provided me was throwing all my stuff in the trash can or go shipping them in the post office. Compared to the notorious girl, the second guy was much better, at least he told me where I could get the zipsack bags so that I could put all my stuff in. Of course, because the shaving creams and the body lotion were oversized, I gave them to the people who sold the zipsack bags to me. So, I kept all my "cosmetics" (including my toothpaste and face wash) except two shaving creams and one body lotion. Because of this incident, I was the very last two to board, at the same time, got so upset cause it almost ruined my whole trip.
Nevertheless, Little Miss Sunshine calmed me down and stole a few drops of my tears. That'll be another story so I'll stop here.

2 則留言:

匿名 提到...

so miserable...

匿名 提到...

I like one scene in Little Miss Sunshine, when the whole family was pushing the bus together.